Patio Chats for Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living
Effective November 1, 2020, Patio Chats will continue to take place so long as weather permits. All Patio Chat visits require an appointment.
- Skilled Nursing Patio Chats will be held on the Assisted Living patio weekly on Mondays from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm. Visits will be 20 minutes long. All Skilled Nursing Patio Chats should be arranged by contacting Amy Wendel or Judy Osbahr. Both can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 192.
- Assisted Living Patio Chats will be held on the Assisted Living patio weekly on Fridays from 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm. Visits will be 20 minutes. All Assisted Living Patio Chats should be arranged by contacting Alberta Romaniello at email@example.com or extension 145.
Logistics/Details for Patio Chats
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your assigned time. Please do not be late. One car only, with up to 3 people visiting.
- Enter the RCH driveway from Route 18 and go STRAIGHT at the flag poles (do not turn left toward the main entrance).
- Proceed to the back of the building near the loading dock. Park in one of the designated spots for Patio Chat visits. Please remain in your car until your visit time.
- You will enter the Assisted Living Garden using the picket-fence gate. Only enter through this gate unless instructed otherwise.
- PLEASE REMAIN AT LEAST 6 FEET AWAY FROM ALL VISITORS AT ALL TIMES.
- Give the name of the person you are visiting to staff and they will direct you where to stand.
- If you and your loved one have a cell phone, plan to use it so you can talk as well as see each other.
- If the resident needs access to a cell phone, please discuss with Amy or Alberta when you schedule the appointment.
- Please wear a face covering and keep it on throughout the visit.
- Please do not bring food to any visits. Visitors may bring food items or supplies for the resident but must leave the package at the reception desk.
- Visitors should bring their own water, which cannot be shared with the resident. RCH will provide water for the resident to maintain hydration during the visit.
- Visitors for patio chats are not permitted entrance into the facility. Restrooms will not be available to visitors at this time so please plan accordingly.
- Hand sanitizer will be available, and tables/chairs will be cleaned between each set of visitors, so please be patient. Masks must be worn at all times.
- Visits may be cancelled or shortened because of inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions (e.g. high humidity/heat, poor air quality). We regret any inconvenience but of course the safety of residents, staff, and all visitors is our top priority.
- Any visitor who has symptoms of any infectious disease will not be permitted to visit with the resident. Likewise, if a resident is exhibiting COVID-related symptoms or has been diagnosed COVID-positive, they will not be able to participate in any visits until they have recovered.
- We thank you in advance for your full cooperation.